Job Posting - Seniors’ Mental Health Community Nurse Clinician, Sundridge or Parry Sound Sites
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide comprehensive mental health nursing services to consumers served by the Senior’s Mental Health Program – Regional Consultation Service for the purpose of maintaining and/or reintegrating individuals in the community at their optimal level of functioning. The clinician will work independently as well as in consultation as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Registered with the College of Registered Nurses of Ontario and have a license to practice. Preference will be given for post-diploma education, e.g. B.ScN and/or Psychiatric Nursing and/or Community Nursing and/or Gerontological Nursing Certificate.
Knowledgeable of current community mental health issues, nursing theory and practice, psychiatric nursing experience (including psycho-geriatrics).
Provide direct and indirect care/support for consumers and their families/caregivers in the community by performing such tasks as:
Click here for more information
- Completing initial nursing assessment utilizing specific and specialized assessment tools
- Developing a goal-directed care plan
- Using a range of interventions including individual, group and family counseling, health teaching and supportive counseling in areas such as substance abuse, grief, palliative care issues, anxiety disorders, severe mental illness, personality disorders, organic brain disease and age related mental illness.
- Maintaining documentation throughout the consumer admission to program, of all clinical contacts as directed by the Standards of Nursing Practice and program/agency policies
- Participating in research and educational activities
- Participating in the evaluation and monitoring of the Seniors Mental Health Consultation Program.